[Ns-developers] ELENA v1.0 | LTE module extension for ns-3.29 | Public release

zali at cttc.es zali at cttc.es
Mon Feb 4 14:55:05 PST 2019

Dear Fraunhofer team,

We are very thankful to you for your great effort in implementing highly
desirable features and sharing the code. I would like to take this
opportunity to discuss publicly the plan to move forward and merge these
features into ns-3-dev. At CTTC, after evaluating your code we think
that the approach of merging all the code at once is too aggressive, we
will not know where the problems will come up, with so many changes in
parallel. Therefore, we would like to take this merge feature by
feature. We are aware that it could take longer time as compared to
merging all at once but it would help us for overall integration and
maintainability.

We have already ported the RLF implementation on top of the latest
ns-3-dev and have also improved the provided example and test. Moreover,
we have also included the design documentation for the implementation,
while the documentation for the example and the test will be added soon.
The code is available at
https://gitlab.com/ZorazeAli/ns-3-dev/tree/rlf-ns-3-dev . We will be
thankful if the Fraunhofer team or any other member of the community
could review it and could provide us a feedback.

For rest of the features, we would like to proceed in the following  order,

 1. Idle mode cell (re) selection
 2. Handover failure
 3. Paging
 4. Timing advance and uplink resynchronization
 5. Integration of real RACH module

Similarly, upon the completion of each feature we would ask for a public
review by announcing it through the ns-3 developers list.

Kind regards,

Zoraze