[Ns-developers] Packet::PeekData

Claudio Freire klaussfreire at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 09:45:28 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Mathieu Lacage
<mathieu.lacage at cutebugs.net> wrote:
>> All this *could* be helped by COW buffers.
>

> You mean, the kind we already have but do not expose in the API :) I doubt
> it would help because most users of the PeekData/CopyData code use it
> because they need to interoperate with external code that has its own buffer
> management API.

I don't know about other external APIs, but for sending packets
through TUN/TAPs etc, PeekData-like interfaces are useful.

They're not being used, though, because of asynchronicity
requirements. So from my POV, you can send PeekData to the plank. I
just commented on the CopyData-only interface as being sub-optimal.