[Ns-developers] a new idea based on Node Start/Stop Module

Aayush Shrut aayush.shrut at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 21:14:54 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am Aayush Shrut, an undergraduate student of Kalinga Institute of
Industrial Technology, Bhubaneshwar, India, pursuing my degree in Computer
Engineering with specialization in Computer Networks. I have vested
interest in pursuing research line in this area, and in that regard, i have
worked on various research topics with university professors. One in
particular, "Analysis and Performance Comparison of Uniform and Mixed
Service Policy for Vacation Queue" has been selected in National Conference
on Communications, and is going to be published in IEEE Xplore very soon.

First of all, i am very excited in going through so many wonderful ideas
and the excellent mailing list. You guys are really friendly, and most of
my doubts has already been cleared by browsing through the list. However,
there is one particular new idea which i would like to discuss with you
guys before finalizing my application.

The idea in question is associated with Node Start/Stop Module. I have gone
through the source codes, and it's interesting
that UanPhyGen::EnergyDepletionHandler () method is used to to disable the
callback functions only when the node's energy is depleted. My idea
surrounds this concept. Suppose, if the most infrequent used nodes are
disabled beforehand, this saving lot's of energy. Or if the node's energy
falls down below a threshold level, then they would be disabled. These
infrequent nodes would only be called on when the frequently used nodes are
depleted or down. The Nodes can be used in a mixed queue, exhaustive for
frequent connections, and gated for infrequent nodes (which would be
enabled only when the exhaustive connections dies down). Or it can modify
the existing DUAL algorithm to represent the infrequent nodes in the
current Topology Table. The idea is still vague in nature, and that's why i
need your expert opinion in this so that i can go ahead with framing the
application for this. I know it's a bit late for asking help, with deadline
of 6th april just a week away, but it's never too late!

Thanks and Regards,
Aayush Shrut

--
Aayush Shrut