[Ns-developers] A doubt about queues

Mudit Gupta mudit.raaj.gupta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 07:57:07 PDT 2012

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your reply. I might have stated stated the doubt in a wrong
way.

1. I have an Internal Buffer : Queue of Events Generated by the model
2. External Buffer : Queue of Events Generated by external federates

So, basically I will have two timelines with two sets of events. I want the
simulator to give preference to events in the external buffer before
internal buffer. Even if the events are not on the same time, which is a
rare possibility. I want the simulator to switch queues.

Why?

Basically external queue would have events those will be responsible for
editing some ns3 modules, those have registered to external buffer.  Like
an event in the external buffer might change the speed of a moving node.
External buffer would be filled by another federate's message.

So, is it possible? If yes, then will a new (may be rtiScheduler) be
responsible for such a task?

Best Regards,

Mudit Raj Gupta