[Ns-developers] SCTP Query

Tommaso Pecorella tpecorella at mac.com
Thu Mar 29 10:30:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

basically is what you said. The only difference is that ns-3 is a network simulator, hence porting an actual C++ implementation is not that straightforward.

I know that it does exist a Linux SCTP stack implementation, however in order to "run" it inside ns-3 some bad tricks could be required.

The target of the project is to develop a SCTP implementation specifically targeted to ns-3, so to be able to integrate it seamlessly with actual TCP and UDP models.

Best regards,

T.

On 29 Mar 2012, at 00:14, Vikramjit Ray wrote:

> Hey,
> I am particularly interested in projects involving Networks and security
> and this project on the implementation of the SCTP protocol caught my
> attention, especially as I've studied this protocol in detail..
> I have been coding in c++ for 6 years now including two years experience on
> linux/windows socket programming.
>
> With regards to the project idea, just clarifying a few hazy areas.
> I understand that you are looking for an implementation that can be
> integrated into ns3.
>
> With regards to the implementation of the working to receive data from the
> Application process, formulate the necessary SCTP header and pass it down
> to IP, etc etc. and then do the opposite at the receiver to recover the
> data, is this what you're basically looking at? Basically simulate normal
> network traffic flow via SCTP on the Transport Layer.
> An implementation in C++ to achieve the above, yes?
> Anything in particular, out of the conventional that you're looking for?
>
> Hoping for a chance to work on this great project.
> Thanks a lot. :)
> Regards,
> Vikramjit
> (IRC nick - arg3tlam)