[Ns-developers] GSOC:Deep Space networking: Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP)

Aayush Bahuguna aayushbahuguna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:25:13 PDT 2012

Hi,
As I have already mailed my interest in implementing Licklider Transmission
Protocol in ns-3 as project for GSOC 2012. I would like to clear few
things.
Since LTP is implemented in data link layer in actual senerio but for the
simulation we will have to implement it over the UDP already provided by
ns-3.
I have completed reading the ns-3 tutorial and also have built code and
documentation of ns-3.
I have completed reading RFCs of Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP).

Since there is no past development on deep space networking protocol in
ns-3 i have to start fresh.
As of the modelling part we surely need a class for LTP segment since it
contain many properties and implementations.
Also for the protocol we will need few classes which we have to model.

It will be very nice if someone could help me with the proposal for the
project for GSOC 2012 application.
Regards

--
Regards