[Ns-developers] GSoC 2012 NS-3 LTE scheduler

Dizhi Zhou q5frc at unb.ca
Sun Mar 25 17:01:08 PDT 2012

Dear mentors,

I'm a second year Ph.D student in UNB, Canada and my research focuses on
multipath video delivery in wireless network. I have three years NS-2
development experience.
In this week, I went through the related documents of several projects
I'm interesting, including SCTP, PackMime-HTTP, Tmix and LTE scheduler.
In the end, I decide to select LTE scheduler to write my proposal.

In recent two months, I'm doing the research project about application
aware packet scheduler for multipath TCP and SCTP. So, I read lots of
scheduler algorithms in the transport
layer. After this projects, I will consider the cross-layer scheduler
algorithm that considers the mac layer parameters. Therefore, LTE
scheduler project in NS-3 is very close to
what I'm doing now.

Before discussing the detail, I have a question here, in NS-3 idea list,
it says that we need to implement an existing and well-defined
FemtoForum MAC Scheduler algorithm.
However, what is the definition of well-defined here? Some algorithms
published in high level journal? Or algorithms recommended in standard?

Looking forward for your suggestion.

Wth best regards
Dizhi

--