[Ns-developers] Add a "profiler" build option ?

Tommaso Pecorella tpecorella at mac.com
Sun Mar 25 09:21:15 PDT 2012

note to self: buy a pair of glasses.

  --enable-gcov         Enable code coverage analysis. WARNING: this option only has effect with the configure command.
  --lcov-report         Generate a code coverage report (use this option at build time, not in configure)

I did not test it yet, but I bet it does what I was looking for. Doh !

T.

On 25 Mar 2012, at 16:46, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:

> Hi Gustavo, Tom and all,
>
> what about adding a "profiler" build option to waf so to be able to use gperf ? As far as I know it should be enough to add an option to the compiler and linker, but since I never used gperf I'm not fully aware of the subtle implications. As is, maybe we'll need to clean more things when changing build option, how the multiple executable built are handled and so on.
>
> Anybody tried to do such a thing ?
>
> Alternatively, suggestion on a profiler to use other than gperf ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> T.

> The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
> And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another year until the one arises you are looking for.
> -- A. Tanenbaum, "Introduction to Computer Networks"

> Tommaso Pecorella - Ph.D.
>
> Assistant professor
> Dpt. Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni
> Università di Firenze
>
> CNIT - Università di Firenze Unit
>
> via di S. Marta 3
> 50139, Firenze
> ITALY
>
> email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
>       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it
>
> phone : +39-055-4796412
> mobile: +39-320-4379803
> fax   : +39-055-494569

Thinking evolution:
 "To be is to do" - Socrates
 "To do is to be" - Sartre
 "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra
 "Scooby Dooby Do" - Scooby Do
 "Yaba Daba Doo!" - Fred Flintstone

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it

$25: for you a pizza and some beers with friends, for someone
     might change their lives. Think about it.

Kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it