[Ns-developers] Add a "profiler" build option ?

Tommaso Pecorella tpecorella at mac.com
Sun Mar 25 07:46:35 PDT 2012

Hi Gustavo, Tom and all,

what about adding a "profiler" build option to waf so to be able to use gperf ? As far as I know it should be enough to add an option to the compiler and linker, but since I never used gperf I'm not fully aware of the subtle implications. As is, maybe we'll need to clean more things when changing build option, how the multiple executable built are handled and so on.

Anybody tried to do such a thing ?

Alternatively, suggestion on a profiler to use other than gperf ?

Cheers,

T.

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another year until the one arises you are looking for.
-- A. Tanenbaum, "Introduction to Computer Networks"

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it