[Ns-developers] gsoc 2012

Tommaso Pecorella tpecorella at mac.com
Sun Mar 25 07:39:25 PDT 2012

Hi Gurav,

I guess you need to submit your proposal through GSOC website (the melange one).

Also, I'd suggest to poke directly the developers more involved in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks, as reading your e-mail it seems that you're interested in developing that topic in particular. That's in order to fine-tune your GSOC proposal of course.

You'll find the ns-3 GSOC ideas page here: https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2012Projects
and mind that the ones listed there are just ideas, one can propose new ones as well.

Best regards,

T.

On 24 Mar 2012, at 13:39, gaurav wrote:

> [...]
> the places or they have some kind of knowledge of the place. They are given
> higher priority. And than the connection will try to be established using
> these high priority nodes.
> But because these are mobile nodes, so it might possible some node going
> out of reach. So we have to keep track and prevent sending messages to
> these nodes, as this will either increase in Network Traffic (because the
> message will be send again) or loss of message.
> To prevent this, we can use some probability approach.
> We can further work on this, if given chance.
> Actually this is one of the project, I wanted to work on in my 3-2
> semester. But was unable to do this project at that time. But I would love
> to do it now, with full passion and dedication.If you have something more
> exciting we can work on that.
> Interest
> Why are you particularly attracted to this project? What makes you the best
> candidate?
> I have done all my projects in Networks.In future I wanted to work in
> Network + artificial intelligence combo and wanted to pursue masters in the
> same.
> I have deal with several network simulators including ns3.
> Others are rapidnet, Nctuns, Netsim.
> I can work on this with full dedication.
> Future Plans
> We are especially interested in GSoC applicants looking to pursue research
> or work in related areas in the future, so be sure to note any relevant
> plans you may have.
> I wanted to pursue my masters in (network + artificial intelligence)
> combination.
> Approach
> What is your technical plan for achieving the goals of the project? What
> components and functionality will have to be developed, integrated etc.?
> Which development methodology would you use? What testing approach are you
> going to use to ensure the code quality?
> I can compare my result with other protocols. Can compare the network
> traffic
> Timezone
> What are your expected work hours (in UTC)?
> I can work anytime.
> What is your physical location for the summer?
> I will be in India from June. Before June, I will be in Singapore.
> The project places no requirements on these but it will affect chat
> scheduling as well as mentor availability and selection.
> Commitments
> Do you have any other commitments over the summer that would impair your
> ability to participate in the project, e.g., classes, thesis defense,
> existing work commitments, etc? Note: The project does not expect students
> to take personal vacations during this period; if there is a personal
> vacation planned, please state when, and how you would make up the time.
> I am currently doing thesis , which will get over by the end of April. So,
> I am free in Summer and can give my full effort.

$25: for you a pizza and some beers with friends, for someone
     might change their lives. Think about it.

Kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it