[Ns-developers] My Hello World Mail

Tommaso Pecorella tpecorella at mac.com

sorry for the not-so-fast reply, but we was attending WNS3 and the Dev meeting.

I'm happy you are interested in this GSOC idea. To my best knowledge there is no current SCTP implementation for ns-3, so you'll have to start from scratch more or les (and this could be an advantage). You can start by looking at how UDP implementation is interacting with lower layers, so I'd go for the src/internet/module folder and he udp-l4-* files.

As for the second question, the best place is the tutorial and the manual (if you're not already "fluent" in ns-3), then move to the internet module and understand how the various L4 layer protocols (TCP and UDP) do interact with the corresponding L3 ones.

Cheers,

Tommaso

On 22 Mar 2012, at 08:52, Shikhar Srivastav wrote:

> Hello Developers,
>
> This is my first mail to the ns-dvelopers mailing list.
> I am a 3rd Year Computer Science Student at Indian Institute of Technology
> Ropar and I want to participate in this year's GSoC.
> I wish to do a project on implementing SCTP in NS3. It is currently part of
> my curriculum project, but i wish to continue this project in my 4th year
> also (as part of my bachelor's project).
>
> I have read RFC 3286 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3286> An Introduction
> to the Stream Control Transmission Protocol,
> and part of RFC 6458 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6458> Sockets API
> Extensions for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol.
> I have a few queries which are as follows:-
> 1) What work is currently being done/has been in implementing SCTP (if any)?
> 2) What would be the best place to start so that i could assist in the
> project most efficiently?
>
> Thank You,
> Shikhar Srivastav

$25: for you a pizza and some beers with friends, for someone
     might change their lives. Think about it.

Kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it