[Ns-developers] Ns-3 Wsn GSoc 2012

sahil sharma sharmasahil0913 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:44:29 PDT 2012

HI,
  Can we add another interface for cpu-device-energy-model on the parallel
lines as we have for radio-device-energy model as part of this START/STOP
project by adding another model to container and different states to that
model i.e. for various processing  protocols which switches their
processing according to energy left in energy-source.  I was thinking if we
can implement this by adding (getTotalCurrent()=getCurrentA + getCurrentB)
where [getCurrentB] is the energy for various modes in this new processing
models.

   Even  I was thinking if we can add some constant increasing energy
function to the energy-source being implemented where ns3 users can define
their own increasing function based on which energy will keep on increasing
so as to support vast area of energy scavenging protocols.
*
   Can you please help me refine these ideas?*

   Can this be added as part of this project for this summer?

   Apart from this can you give me an insight so as to how I can get idea
of supporting *REBOOT* in this model[as suggested on your ideas page] and
where i can get more idea about this as I was thinking that we can support
such rebooting by introducing this energy-increasing model. [as suggested
above for energy-scavenging protocols where we can attach some constant
energy supplying source i.e. solar to the node]

   Sorry for being too long.