[Ns-developers] GSoC Project: SCTP Implementation in ns3

Lalith Suresh suresh.lalith at gmail.com

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Shikhar Srivastav
<shikhs.prasad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am in my 3rd year and I wish to do implement SCTP in ns-3 as part of
> course-project which can be extended to my 4th year too.
> I have read the RFC's present at the Project Idea's page and have a
> few queries which are as follows:-
> 1) What work is currently being done/has been done in implementing SCTP (if
> any) ?

None. Thus the project. :)

> 2) What would be the best place to start so that i could assist in the
> project most efficiently ?

For starters, look at the ns-3 manual to get an idea of ns-3's
architecture [1]. Since you're implementing a transport protocol, I'd
suggest looking at src/internet/model/ and see how Tcp and Udp have
been implemented (*-l4-protocol.cc, *-socket-impl.cc).

[1] http://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/manual/html/internet-stack.html#example-path-of-a-packet

> 3) How much resources (time and effort) will it take ?

This is dependent entirely on your C++ skills, and your familiarity
with the protocols/models that you propose to implement.

--
Lalith Suresh
www.lalith.in