[Ns-developers] Ns-3 Wsn GSoc 2012

sahil sharma sharmasahil0913 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:01:37 PDT 2012

Hi,
 First of all, I would like to congratulate whole  ns-3 team for being
selected in Gsoc2012.

 I would like to work for this *start-stop project* to modify the energy
model being included in the existing ns-3. Energy being an important factor
esp. for nodes placed in hostile environment where battery replenishing is
not trivial makes energy model to implement suggested changes so that this
can be implemented for real-time scenarios.

 I am currently going on through various developments that have been
already done into this and it seems to be very interesting to me. I am
currently reading about the existing energy model being implemented in ns-3
and thinking for the best possible improvements we can make in order to
accomplish our desired functionality.

 Can you suggest me some other good resources to gain more expertise in
this?