[Ns-developers] My Hello World Mail

Shikhar Srivastav shikhs.prasad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 00:52:38 PDT 2012

Hello Developers,

This is my first mail to the ns-dvelopers mailing list.
I am a 3rd Year Computer Science Student at Indian Institute of Technology
Ropar and I want to participate in this year's GSoC.
I wish to do a project on implementing SCTP in NS3. It is currently part of
my curriculum project, but i wish to continue this project in my 4th year
also (as part of my bachelor's project).

I have read RFC 3286 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3286> An Introduction
to the Stream Control Transmission Protocol,
and part of RFC 6458 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6458> Sockets API
Extensions for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol.
I have a few queries which are as follows:-
1) What work is currently being done/has been in implementing SCTP (if any)?
2) What would be the best place to start so that i could assist in the
project most efficiently?

Thank You,
Shikhar Srivastav