[Ns-developers] GSOC 2012 NAT model implementation

anush vishwanath anush.pasteface at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:53:29 PDT 2012

Hello ns-developers,
I had mailed you a couple of days back regarding my interest to work for
ns3 organisation in the upcoming GSOC 2012.
I understand the need to have the NAT functionality to be built into ns3 as
this is being widely used by a lot of people in the world even today. IPv6
might make NAT redundant but untill the time when the entire world switches
to IPv6 we must live with NAT and simulations incvolving NAT become
important to incorporate into ns3.
Tasks already completed:

   - downloaded and built the source code of latest ns3 version
   - read the recommended books on the ideas page for GSOC 2012 with
   respect to this project
   - read the ns3 tutorial and understood the structuring of the varioius
   modules under ns3

I would be happy if someone could guide me as to what exactly should i do
to be able to come out with a good proposal for this project.

Regards,
Anush V
3rd Year student,
PES Institute of Technology,