[Ns-developers] GSoC 2012: PackMime-HTTP project discussion

Yufei Cheng yfcheng at ittc.ku.edu
Wed Mar 21 08:38:45 PDT 2012

Hello Dizhi,

I have implemented one HTTP traffic generator in ns-3, and you can refer
to code review # 4940041 for more details.  The distribution functions I
used to generate connection involved parameters are based on the results
from "Stochastic Models for Generating Synthetic HTTP Source Traffic"
and PackMimi-HTTP project.

Like Dr. Weigle mentioned, the distribution generation model is based on
trace results from Bell lab about ten years ago, which means the traffic
generated mimic the traffic characteristics at that time.  I would be
very interested in current tracing results and tune the distribution
functions somehow to represent current web traffic.

Please refer to the paper below for more details about the traffic model
we implemented, and we are very open to any feedback or cooperation from
you for additional features.  Also refer to ResiliNets Wiki at
https://wiki.ittc.ku.edu/resilinets_wiki/index.php/Main_Page if you want
to know more of our works.

@inproceedings{cheng:2011:PCO,
	Address = {Las Vegas, NV},
	Author = {Yufei Cheng and Egemen K. \c{C}etinkaya and James P.G. Sterbenz},
	Booktitle = {Proceedings of the International Telemetering Conference ({ITC})},
	Month = {October},
	Title = {Performance Comparison of Routing Protocols for Transactional Traffic over Aeronautical Networks},
	Year = {2011}}

Thanks,
Yufei

--