[Ns-developers] bugzilla proposals

Tom Henderson tomh at tomh.org
Wed Mar 21 08:11:44 PDT 2012

Tommaso, Daniel, and I had a discussion today about modifications to the
tracker, which we plan to discuss at the meeting but are first
socializing on the list.

- we need a clearer means to detect when a patch is sitting ready to be
applied for a bug fix, but just needs review.  We discussed adding a new
status field 'PATCH PENDING' for this state.

- we should move bugs out of NEW state to either ASSIGNED, UNCONFIRMED,
or VERIFIED.  A bug in ASSIGNED state means that the assignee has agreed
to produce a patch; i.e. it is not valid to assign to ns-bugs at isi.edu.
  When in UNCONFIRMED or VERIFIED but not assigned, the assignee could
either be the existing ns-bugs at isi.edu, or a new address
ns-unassigned at isi.edu, which would need to be created (I might suggest
to just reuse ns-bugs at isi.edu unless a reason is provided otherwise).
It could be implied that state 'VERIFIED' means we want a patch, or we
could instead use a more explicit 'PATCH WANTED' status.