[Ns-developers] GSoC 2012 projects discussion

Michele Weigle mweigle at cs.odu.edu
Mon Mar 19 07:46:43 PDT 2012

I'm answering the questions about my two projects.

On Mar 18, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Dizhi Zhou wrote:
> 2, PackMime-HTTP
> Currently, PackMime-HTTP in NS-2 does not consider video traffic. I
> think we can consider this features in NS-3 because web-based video
> increases a lot in recent years.

PackMime-HTTP is based off of models developed at Bell Labs around 2001 or so.  To change the traffic behavior, you just have to change the models.  I say "just" because it's more an issue of statistics and modeling than programming.  Once the ns-3 version of PackMime-HTTP is written, it can accept whatever distributions you need to generate.

> 3, Tmix
> In the idea page, it said that the delaybox work is already started. So
> do we need to coordinate the developer of DelayBox in NS-3 in GSoC? Or
> we just develop delaybox independently?

I would like the DelayBox and Tmix projects to use what has already been developed.  We have something that was working in ns-3.9 for the most part, but we need help in getting it upgraded to work with the current version.

-Michele

--
Michele C. Weigle
Assistant Professor