[Ns-developers] GSOC SCTP project (Was: Re: Congrats)

Tommaso Pecorella tpecorella at mac.com
Sun Mar 18 13:22:16 PDT 2012


Hi Muhammad,

keep up the good work, as they say.

My only suggestion is to discuss the proposal through ns-developers mailing list, so everyone will be aware of them and we'll avoid (if possible) multiple candidates submissions on one idea.

Best regards,

T.


On 18 Mar 2012, at 21:15, Muhammad Umair wrote:

> Dear Tommaso,
> 
> Thanks for your reply. 
> 
> Now I have selected the SCTP project. Indeed, I have start writing the proposal. I will share the proposal with you soon. Besides, I have building the NS-3 on my local machine and start familiarizing the NS-3 code base. 
> 
> If you have more suggestions, please let me know.
> 
> Thanks and Regards,
> 
> Umair Muhammad
> Electrical Engineering Master Student,
> Specialization in Wireless Systems,
> School of Electrical Engineering,
> Royal Institute of Technology (KTH),
> SE 100-44 Stockholm, SWEDEN.
> Email: mumair at kth.se
> Cell:   +46 764 097 574
> ________________________________________
> From: Tommaso Pecorella [tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it]
> Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:04 PM
> To: Muhammad Umair
> Subject: Re: Congrats
> 
> Hi Muhammad,
> 
> I'm well, thanks. Kinda overbusy but all good. I hope the same for you (except the overbusy part).
> 
> All the project in the list have the same priority. Meaning, we'll evaluate the student's project proposals on a fair basis, and not on internal and hidden priority lists. Plus, what's priority for me could not be for other mentors, so... feel free to choose the one you like most.
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> T.
> 
> 
> On 17 Mar 2012, at 18:19, Muhammad Umair wrote:
> 
> Dear Tommaso,
> 
> Hope you are well.
> 
> The SCTP indeed is very interesting. I want to know which of the projects on the list are of high priority for the ns-3 current plan.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Umair Muhammad
> Electrical Engineering Master Student,
> Specialization in Wireless Systems,
> School of Electrical Engineering,
> Royal Institute of Technology (KTH),
> SE 100-44 Stockholm, SWEDEN.
> Email: mumair at kth.se<mailto:mumair at kth.se>
> Cell:   +46 764 097 574
> ________________________________________
> From: Tommaso Pecorella [tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it<mailto:tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it>]
> Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:26 PM
> To: Muhammad Umair
> Subject: Re: Congrats
> 
> Hi Muhammad,
> 
> Sure thing, go ahead and write a proposal, I'll be happy to help by checking it. Mind that the main proposal part (as is the time schedule) should reflect your time constraints !
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> T.
> 
> 
> On 16 Mar 2012, at 20:38, Muhammad Umair wrote:
> 
> Dear Tommaso,
> 
> Hope you are well.
> 
> Congrats for the acceptance of NS-3 on GSOC 2012. Shall we start writing the good proposal for the SCTP project. I am very much excited to work on this project. What do you think?
> 
> Have a nice weekend!
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Umair Muhammad
> Electrical Engineering Master Student,
> Specialization in Wireless Systems,
> School of Electrical Engineering,
> Royal Institute of Technology (KTH),
> SE 100-44 Stockholm, SWEDEN.
> Email: mumair at kth.se<mailto:mumair at kth.se><mailto:mumair at kth.se>
> Cell:   +46 764 097 574
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Thinking evolution:
> "To be is to do" - Socrates
> "To do is to be" - Sartre
> "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra
> "Scooby Dooby Do" - Scooby Do
> "Yaba Daba Doo!" - Fred Flintstone
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Tommaso Pecorella - Ph.D.
> 
> Assistant professor
> Dpt. Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni
> Università di Firenze
> 
> CNIT - Università di Firenze Unit
> 
> via di S. Marta 3
> 50139, Firenze
> ITALY
> 
> email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it<mailto:tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it><mailto:tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it>
>      tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it<mailto:tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it><mailto:tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it>
> 
> phone : +39-055-4796412
> mobile: +39-320-4379803
> fax   : +39-055-494569
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
> And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another year until the one arises you are looking for.
> 
> -- A. Tanenbaum, "Introduction to Computer Networks"
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> Tommaso Pecorella - Ph.D.
> 
> 
> Assistant professor
> 
> Dpt. Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni
> 
> Università di Firenze
> 
> 
> CNIT - Università di Firenze Unit
> 
> 
> via di S. Marta 3
> 
> 50139, Firenze
> 
> ITALY
> 
> 
> email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it<mailto:tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it>
> 
>       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it<mailto:tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it>
> 
> 
> phone : +39-055-4796412
> 
> mobile: +39-320-4379803
> fax   : +39-055-494569
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

--------------------------------------------------------------

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another year until the one arises you are looking for.
-- A. Tanenbaum, "Introduction to Computer Networks"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tommaso Pecorella - Ph.D.

Assistant professor
Dpt. Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni
Università di Firenze

CNIT - Università di Firenze Unit

via di S. Marta 3
50139, Firenze
ITALY

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it

phone : +39-055-4796412
mobile: +39-320-4379803
fax   : +39-055-494569








More information about the Ns-developers mailing list