[Ns-developers] GSoC Idea - HLA interfaces for ns-3

Lalith Suresh suresh.lalith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 03:34:11 PDT 2012

Hi Mudit,

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Mudit Gupta
<mudit.raaj.gupta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Professor Pecorella,
>
> I would like to congratulate ns-3 for it's selection for GSoC - 2012 as a
> mentoring organization. I will be preparing the proposal keeping in mind
> the conversation we had related to the project. I have some question about
> the project proposal :
>
> 1. Should I mail a basic draft of the proposal to the mailing list for
> review ? ( I am aware that we have to submit the final proposal on the GSoC
> -2012 site)

Although you're not required to, we *strongly* recommend that you
discuss your proposal publicly on the mailing list.

> 2. Is there any specific requirement related to the project that I should
> mention in the proposal?
>
> 3. Is there an application template for ns - 3 or should I follow the GSoC
> guide?

Go through our application template:
http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2012StudentApplicationTemplate

Also read the student guides and other material that we've put up or
linked to here: http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2012Projects

--
Lalith Suresh
www.lalith.in