[Ns-developers] Integration tool for ns-3

Gustavo Carneiro gjcarneiro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:17:27 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 16:47, Daniel Camara <daniel.camara at inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi Gustavo,
>
>  I guess the problem is that you configure it with one file
> >gjc at gjc-laptiop:bake$ python bake.py -f nsfile.xml configure -c
> bakeconf.xml -e ns-3-dev
> and tried to download with another
>
> >gjc at gjc-laptop:bake$ python bake.py  -f bakeconf.xml download/home/gjc/projects/ns/bake/bake/Bake.py:679:
> isn't that?
> it should be:
> > gjc at gjc-laptiop:bake$ python bake.py -f nsfile.xml download
>
> About the errors, I agree with you, but to be honest we are still in a
> "development"  phase... and for now the traces still help us to find the
> errors :).

I would have thought that full stack trace, given by default by python, is
more ugly but a lot more useful to fix the errors that may occur...

Anyway, I guess bake.py needs usability improvements.  I simply don't "get
it".

I would recommend that the work flow "bake configure ; bake download ; bake
build" just works by default without special command-line options like -f.
 Or at least, allow giving the -f option only once (in bake configure) and
then it remembers the configuration for the other commands.

Anyway, it looks promising.  Thanks.