[Ns-developers] Documentation-related topic for dev-meeting, doc to discuss

Nicola Baldo nbaldo at cttc.es
Tue Mar 13 10:37:44 PDT 2012

Hi Tommaso,

On 03/13/2012 01:44 AM, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:
> In http://www.nsnam.org/developers/contributing-code/supporting-material/
> add the following:
> * Update the existing (or add a new) section in the doc/manual by editing the /doc/[module].rst file.
> instead of the milder
> * consider updating or adding a new section to the manual in doc/manual/

doc/manual actually just documents the core module. All the other
modules have their sources in src/modulename/doc/.

> Also rephrase:
> * Updating or adding a new section to the tutorial in doc/tutorial/ is strongly suggested.

Similarly to my previous comment, the current doc/tutorial covers just a
few modules. If we were to add tutorial-like information for every
module in doc/tutorial, it would become a mess. Instead, we should ask
to put this documentation too in src/modulename/doc. I think this is in
line with ns-3 being modular, and is better suited for a future
migration to the app-store concept. Some of the existings ns-3 modules
already follow a similar approach, see the current ns-3 models library
documentation. We also followed a similar approach in LENA for the
documentation of the lte, buildings and antenna modules.

Regards,

Nicola