[Ns-developers] Translating ns-3 tutorial and bug support

Tommaso Pecorella tpecorella at mac.com
Mon Mar 5 04:19:08 PST 2012

Hi Tom and all,

+1 for the (increased) release manager's duties. It should be enough to prevent rotting translations.

Also, again, thanks to the translators !

Cheers,

T.

On 05/mar/2012, at 06:05, Tom Henderson wrote:

> I went ahead and checked in the translation; the above detail is lingering.
>
> I'm assuming that we will usually have a maintainer who updates the translation if the main tutorial changes.  So, as two additional steps of the release managers' duties, I propose to add the following documentation steps to doc/release_steps.txt:
>
> - release manager is responsible for communicating any changes to the tutorial during the release cycle to the translation maintainer.  If the translation becomes unmaintained, it should be marked with a prominent note such as "Translation based on ns-3.x" (for whatever release it is current with).
>
> - release manager should survey the manual and model library documentation and look to make updates according to changes that were made to the codebase during the release cycle.
>
> Tom

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another year until the one arises you are looking for.
-- A. Tanenbaum, "Introduction to Computer Networks"

email: tommaso.pecorella at unifi.it
       tommaso.pecorella at cnit.it