[Ns-developers] Ns-3 Users netiquette

Tom Henderson tomh at tomh.org
Sun Mar 4 06:00:13 PST 2012

On 03/04/2012 05:04 AM, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote a draft of the Ns-3 Users netiquette. The link is in the Dev
> Meeting agenda page, or directly:
> https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/Ns-3-users-netiquette
>
> Feel free to amend it.

Thanks for doing this; I added a few edits.

> About the FAQ, we do not have an "official" FAQ and, to be honest, I
> feel unrealistic to plan for one. A good FAQ means: 1) to be on the
> ns-3 Users group almost daily and check what are the most recurrent
> topics. 2) write down the FAQ.

We do have two FAQs though:  a Users FAQ and Developers FAQ on the wiki.
  They are not updated that much.

While I prefer to maintain long-term stable information about ns-3 in
the manual or model library documentation (and API documentation in
Doxygen), I see some use cases for a FAQ also and don't mind having
both, as long as they are maintained.

- Tom