[Ns-developers] [GSOC:quagga-porting] status reports

Mathieu Lacage mathieu.lacage at sophia.inria.fr
Mon Jul 21 12:00:09 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 10:43 -0700, Tom Henderson wrote:

> Given that we are aiming for mergeable code by the end of this project,
> I think we should discuss what the merge steps might be.  It depends on
> ns-3-simu branch, so should that repo be going in as a first step?

Ideally, we should be able to merge the netlink code in ns-3-dev before
ns-3-simu. This means that we will not merge libnl but I viewed libnl
porting more as a serious testing effort of the netlink code than
anything else.

Then, the goal would be to extend and add what is needed to ns-3-simu to
complete an initial quagga port.

So, to summarize, the ideal outcome of this project at the end of the
gsoc timeline is:
  - merging netlink sockets in ns-3-dev with good testing
  - merging simu extensions in ns-3-simu

So, a possible schedule for the next weeks would be:
  1) this week: identify the needs of the broadcast netlink messages,
implement them
  2) next week: merge netlink code in ns-3-dev
  3) focus on trying to get an initial quagga port.

3) is likely to be impossible to achieve within the bounds of the
current gsoc timeline but getting a very minimal running prototype would
be a great start.

Mathieu