IPV6 reverse DNS
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:07:25 +0100
Please disregard my previous mail, I clearly did not have enough coffee.
This was fixed, so I will try to reformulate:
1. Do some participants on the 6bone use A6 records (and bind9), in
parallel to (or without defining) AAAA records? RFC2874 predicts that AAAA
should be replaced by A6 in the long run.
2. http://www.6bone.net/6bone_reverse_dns.html prones delegation of reverse
resolution using NS records, and under the ip6.int tree.
Bind9 introduces a new way of delegating through DNAMEs. Is anybody out
there using it? As far as I can see, it may break queries, if a participant
tries to use it, as many servers (or clients) may not understand DNAME
answers to a PTR query.
So, if this is the future, wouldnt it make sense that everybody switch
progressively to bind9?
Or do the majority not believe in A6 and DNAME records?
* * David Harmelin Network Engineer
* * DANCERT Representative
* Francis House
* 112 Hills Road Tel +44 1223 302992
* Cambridge CB2 1PQ Fax +44 1223 303005
D A N T E United Kingdom WWW http://www.dante.net