[ns] Trace file format in ns2.28.

HARDING Christopher C.A.Harding at staffs.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 01:50:49 PDT 2005

Hello,
If your using wireless networks then you should make sure you use the
new trace format, ($ns use-newtrace). You can use Java, or AWK, or Perl.
Depends on what you know and what you want to use.

I've used Java because I know the language well. You can still use them
with the old trace format, you just have to know how the trace files are
constructed and what information you need. I have some simple java
programs at http://www.soc.staffs.ac.uk/cah1/research.htm that can be
used to get information out of the new wireless trace format. I have a
number of NS2 pages that I need to finish and place on my web site about
how to use Java and NS2.

Hope this was some help.

Chris Harding