[ns] Why ns-2??
nima.nafisi at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 13:36:04 PDT 2005
A few elements of answer:
* Opnet is not free. You have to get a license, which has to renewed
after a while. Why pay, when ns-2 is making the job.
* You have a big community of users, who can give you feedback, as
other free software projects.
* There are many additional contributed code
* NS-2 provides emulation functionalities
* NS-2 can be used for parallel and distributed simulation: PDNS
* The contributed modules you produce can be reused by other people
without the need for them to pay a license.
* It is matter of taste. I personnaly prefer free open-source softwares.
>I've been working on ns-2 for the past 4-5 months but whenever i give
>a presentation, the first question asked is why are you using ns-2 and
>not any other network simulator like OPNET? and most of the time i
>dont have any good answer so can anyone please tell me why is ns-2 the
>best option to be used.
More information about the Ns-users