[ns] start-up time and memory consumption in ns
iacopo.carreras at create-net.it
Fri Nov 19 01:40:47 PST 2004
I'm trying to simulate a large simulation (1000 nodes), but I run into some
performance problems of ns, meaning a huge memory consumption (1,5 Gb of RAM
needed!!!!) and a huge start-up time (more then 1 hour)...so I'm wondering
what I might be doing wrong, considering the I'm running the simulations on
a really good server woth more then 1 Gb of RAM!
Here is a brief description of the scenario:
- I've removed packet headers to save memory
- Since I don't need routing (I'm broadcasting only), I'm using the
DumbAgent routing agent
- I've implemented an application on top of an UDPAgent
- The application is broadcastin 1 packet every 3 seconds
- The simulation runs for 15000
What happen is that when I run the simulation it takes more the 30 minutes
to load with a huge memory peak and slowy start to run.
Do you have any hints? I'm I doing something wrong?
Thank you for your help!!
Research Staff Member
Via Solteri, 38 - 38100 TRENTO (TN) - Italy
e-mail: iacopo.carreras at create-net.it
Tel: +39 0461 422372
Fax: +39 0461 421157
More information about the Ns-users