[Ns-developers] Procedure for submission of new 15.4e models to NS-3

Peter Kourzanov peter.kourzanov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 01:58:32 PST 2015

Hi Tommaso, Tom, et.al.,

It took some time (I was summoned to do other urgent tasks, a.o.,
Christmas/New Year switchover), but here it is. I finally decided
to publish my Bitbucket repo, where I track the mainline (in the
default branch). The "tsch-integration" branch contains a working
version of the 802.15.4e TSCH model. It is run-time switchable, i.e.,
the model starts using the standard 802.15.4 (needed for neighbor
discovery/ARP in the absence of all point-to-point links from the
schedule initially), and then is switched to TSCH.

The TSCH model was developed together with Luis Pacheco and Peishuo Li
(CCed), who also worked on the energy model (included) and on the
multi-path fading modeling (FadingBias). Original development was based
on 3.20, however in December we merged with the recent ns-3-dev and
started over.

I provide 2 examples: lr-wpan-ping (derived from wsn-ping6), which
shows the setup working starting from standard 802.15.4 model, and
lr-wpan-tsch, which switches into 802.15.4e TSCH after 5 seconds.
The FadingBias in both examples is 1. Examples modeling specific
multi-path fading environments shall be provided at a later stage.

https://bitbucket.org/pjotr/ns-3-dev/src/781bfd8b4352846e56995590e1db24908c77bfc4/?at=tsch-integration

Submitted also is the complete Rietveld patch:
https://codereview.appspot.com/194950043/

It is somewhat less usable since I was merging with the mainline
regularly, and so it includes all the other changes to the mainline
since mid-October.

Here are two somewhat more contained patches (executed beginning of Jan)
https://codereview.appspot.com/194960043/
https://codereview.appspot.com/192220043/

But hopefully the executed merging will make the review/merging easy.

Happy new year!

Kind regards,
Peter