[Ns-developers] Going forward with Start/Stop code review

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 15:17:51 PST 2014

Hi Tom and all,

http://codereview.appspot.com/66990047

I'm aware documentation is not complete, and probably tests. I will do
a sprint and fix it if we agree this design and implementation is a
way to go. This has been used by optics (PWNS) stuff I'm working on
for a while and it has shown to be nice to work with and much less
intrusive than original idea we discussed.

Kudos to Tommaso for in-front-of-ibis-in-the-middle-of-the-night design idea.

> I would like to help, and in particular, with any DCF integration that turns
> out to be problematic.
>
> As for timing, we will probably want to try to get the next chunk of this
> work merged in early March if we want to make a mid-April ns-3.20 release.
>
> - Tom

I would like to get help with FailureRepairTimeTracker. The way I see
it, it already *is* a collector. However, it does *not* use DCF yet,
since present DCF does not provide any collectors upon which I could
base my work. Also, I'm not sure if I should utilize Probes. So far, I
have not needed them.

Tommaso had concerns about overlap with energy model; I'm not sure if
these are still hold, since this is minimalistic.

Overall, this is quite non-intrusive. If we agree on the design and
implementation ground, it would be great if we could merge it early
March to get it in 3.20.

Regards,
Vedran