[Ns-developers] ns-3.9 release update and next steps
tomh at tomh.org
Sun Jun 13 21:45:07 PDT 2010
Below is an update on new release features for ns-3.9:
Nicola merged Spectrum Modeling a few days ago, and Dean's 802.11g
patchset has largely been merged already. There are a few patchsets
that seem to be ready or almost ready to go in:
1) OFDM: I will work with Gary to deal with minor residual comments
2) ns-2 mobility trace reader: Pavel and Martin are finalizing this one
and can check in when ready
3) UAN: Josh and I will work with Leonard to merge this; there don't
seem to be additional comments
4) Energy model: No new comments lately. I am wondering what directory
it should go into, but otherwise seems ready.
We also have two new patchsets posted in the past week.
- simple wireless device model
- Rocketfuel topology reader
Reviews of these would be nice; they are presently suggested mainly for
src/contrib for this release.
I am not sure of the status of MPLS which has some updates pending.
Regarding the jamming model, Nicola should have a look at the proposed
wifi changes, and if those are OK, then we still need to decide whether
this is ready for the main tree or could be posted in src/contrib for
the time being.
Finally, Josh and I have been working with Adrian on some TCP
refactoring that would provide NewReno support, and we hope that a patch
can be made available soon for review.
More information about the Ns-developers