[Ns-developers] Random Variables API changes

Raj Bhattacharjea raj.b at gatech.edu
Thu Jan 22 08:48:33 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Mathieu Lacage
<mathieu.lacage at sophia.inria.fr> wrote:
> rng.patch: cleanup coding style in random-variable.cc, update API. I did
> not change the lazy creation of m_generator but, as I mentionned in a
> previous email, I did not find any rationale for this so, my gut feeling
> would be to revert to non-lazy creation of these.

Sorry for forgetting to reply to this point.  The rationale is that if
there are any global static generators present in the user script, the
whole RNG stream seed system will (might?) be initialized before the
global seed and run number is set using the attributes system.  The
initial seed would be what the RNG stream defaults to.

This is my understanding of the issue.  Thanks for the patch!

--
Raj Bhattacharjea
Georgia Institute of Technology