[Ns-developers] Random Variables API changes
raj.b at gatech.edu
Fri Oct 31 13:51:22 PDT 2008
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Raj Bhattacharjea <raj.b at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Including ns-developers in the reply list for this off-list mail...
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Hadi Arbabi <hadiarbabi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Raj,
>> I have attached codes for ns3 random variable with changes done.
> I will post a repo with Hadi's changes for review.
I have posted this repo (sorry for the delay Craig).
Please see the tip changeset:
Michelle's student Hadi prepared this, I simply posted it for him
(with some minor changes to end of line encoding and removing some
unneeded "ns3::" scope).
As far as I can tell, it currently doesn't compile, but I figure that
getting the jist of the patch out to developers for review was
important before merge week began. I will summarize the list of
changes that I can see in the patchset:
1. RandomVariableBase::UseDevRandom and associated functionality has
2. RandomVariableBase has new APIs for getting the seed and run number.
3. Functionality of time-based seeding has been removed.
4. All RandomVariable classes have removed the GetSIngleValue API
5. UniformVariable has a new API which is like GetSingleValue
6. The Box-Muller transform algorithm for NormalVariable generation
is modified (?)
It would be useful if Hadi and/or Michelle could comment on these on
the list. My one concern with the changes lies in the fact that the
UniformVariable retains a "GetSingleValue" type of API, while no other
Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
More information about the Ns-developers