[Ns-developers] upcoming ns-3.1 release

Tom Henderson tomh at tomh.org
Mon Jun 9 06:15:04 PDT 2008

All,
We're still scheduled to make the ns-3.1 release by June 30, and
preparation seems to be on track.

We had some discussion about some revisions to the release process last
week on the list and on IRC, and based on that, I made a small change to
  the wiki to clarify that if there are ever stable releases with
backward-incompatible API changes (hopefully rare), we will continue to
maintain the previous stable release for some time (TBD) afterwards.  I
don't think we have enough experience yet to set dates on such
maintenance contracts.  I also didn't feel compelled, in the end, to
change the proposal for how we name unstable releases.

http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/Proposed_Release_Process

Craig Dowell agreed to serve as release manager, so according to the
proposed schedule, he will fork the release branch by next Monday, and
this week we'll try to resolve the remaining Priority-1 bug fixes.

Tom