[Ns-developers] new ns-2 development discussion on this list

Tom Henderson tomh at tomh.org
Tue Feb 22 15:47:20 PST 2005

Hello,

A group of us are considering some additional work on ns-2 development, and are seeking to set up a mailing list for discussions.  This message is intended to solicit feedback on the interest level of the current subscribers of ns-developers to add this message traffic to the existing list.

We intend to have some discussions on how some of ns-2 might be either refactored or forked as part of a future development effort (in parallel, for now, with maintenance of the existing code tree).  Our options are to create a new list (and invite interested ns-developers to migrate over to that list), or else reuse this list.

Does anyone want to keep these two activities (developer postings concerning the current codebase, and future development) on separate lists, or should we just include these discussions on ns-developers?  I would prefer the latter, if it does not offend anyone's inbox.

I will interpret no response as acquiescence.

Thanks,
Tom