[Ns-bugs] [Bug 255] New: Deterministic Behavior May Cause Problems
bugzilla-daemon at nsnam-www.ece.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 18 22:00:53 PDT 2008
Summary: Deterministic Behavior May Cause Problems
AssignedTo: ns-bugs at isi.edu
ReportedBy: craigdo at ee.washington.edu
- Two applications are started at precisely t seconds;
- Applications generate packets that require arp at precisely the same time;
- Both arp protocols schedule retransmission for precisely t+timeout
- Generated arp packets are sent at precisely t seconds;
- Device/channel mechanism causes arp packets to collide and be
- At t+timeout seconds, arp protocols retry on both nodes (at precisely the
same simulation time);
- t = t+timeout;
- goto LOOP.
The result is that ARP retransmissions happen at precisely the same time and
collide over and over again.
Our models may be "too deterministic" in some cases. Should models such as arp
be configurable to add a random "fuzz" to their timeouts to simulate real
Configure bugmail: http://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
More information about the Ns-bugs